he foreign mercenary Christopher Steele was interviewed by the FBI in early October 2016 and he slandered Sergei Millian (PERSON-1) as a key sub-source who Steele said was in direct contact with his primary “collector” (Primary Sub-source, PSS).
However, in addition to claiming Sergei to be a key, unwitting sub-source to FBI investigators, Steele, Glenn Simpson, and Michael Sussman were in the weeks before and after the meeting also frantically pitching Millian as a key operating intermediary in the Russia related Alfa Bank scandal through contacts in both the DOJ and State Department. To wit:
- On August 22, Glenn Simpson provided Bruce Ohr with the names of three individuals who Simpson thought were potential intermediaries between Russia and the Trump campaign. One of the three names provided by Simpson was Sergei Millian. Another of the names was Carter Page’s “business partner”. h274
- On September 14, Christopher Steele wrote in Report 112, that Alfa Bank had close ties to Putin, including blackmail. The article set the atmospherics for the portending Alfa Bank Attack. h119
- On September 16, Michael Sussmann, a partner in the Perkins Coie law firm and cyber-technology expert and former Justice Department attorney, pitched the Alfa server connection directly to FBI’s James Baker, the former FBI general counsel and close adviser to fired FBI Director James B. Comey.* Sussmann was also the lawyer who spearheaded the handling of the alleged hack of the DNC servers.
- On September 23, Christopher Steele alleged to Bruce Ohr that an Alfa Bank server in the United States was a link between Russia and the Trump campaign; that Millian’s Russian/American organization in the United States had used the Alfa Bank server earlier in September; and that an individual working with Carter Page was a Russian intelligence officer. h274
- Also sometime in “late September”, Eric Lichtblau of the New York Times met with Crossfire agents at Bureau’s headquarters who had learned he was in the process of writing a story on the Alfa bank allegations. The FBI asked Lichtbblau to delay publishing a story in the interest of the investigation, and from him they obtained compliance. *
- Sometime In the “early October” Christopher Steele is interviewed by FBI agents. He names Sergei Millian as a key sub-source responsible for the most shocking and vivid claims in the Dossier. It is never mentioned whether Steele relays any information to the FBI about Alfa Bank, or whether FBI asked about it.
- Days after meeting with the FBI in early October, Steele relayed the Milian/Alfa Bank allegations to Deputy Assistant Secretary of State Kathleen Kalavec at the State Department on October 11th. h117
- On October 13th, two days after the meeting with Steele, Kavalec emailed an FBI CD Section Chief a document that Kavalec received from Jonathan Winer, long time friend of Steele, buttressing the allegations about a linkage between Alfa Bank and the Trump campaign. The Section Chief forwarded the document to SSA 1 the same day. h119
Thus, at the same time that the Carter Page FISA was being finalized, Christopher Steele and Glenn Simpson were alleging that the main sub-source of Steele’s Dossier, Sergei Millian, was also acting as a key intermediary in a concurrent, active subplot with Russia. In fact, after the Trump Campaign jettisoned both Paul Manafort and Carter Page by late September, the specific updated narrative being pitched by Fusion GPS was that Michael Cohen and Sergei Millian had stepped up and “replaced” them as key intermediaries linking Trump to Russia. h282
The Alfa-Bank allegations were being received into FBI by no less than 4 different outlets:
- Michael Sussman -> James Baker
- Glenn Simpson -> Bruce Ohr
- Eric Litchbau -> Crossfire
- Steele Memo 112 -> David Corn -> James Baker
- Christopher Steele -> Early October interview?
It is within the context of this overwhelming, behind the scenes, concerted campaign by Steele, Simpson, and Sussman, that the Dragon FISA emails must be re-examined…
n October 18th, five days after receiving the Alfa Bank documents from the State Department, and two days before submitting the Carter Page FISA application to the FISC, the FBI’s elite Crossfire Hurricane team was simultaneously requesting expedited authority for a second FISA relating to another Russia-related investigation code-named “Dragon.”*
The email correspondence, reviewed and initially reported by John Solmon on July 6 of 2018, was confirmed the following week during Lisa Page’s closed door testimony.* Under questioning by Sean Brebbia, Lisa acknowledges the email sent October 18 between her and Peter Strzok. Lisa takes time to read the email before declining to answer any questions regarding the content in an unclassified setting.
The fact Lisa acknowledges the email and its classified nature lends credence to Solomon’s initial report, and that the content of the email is FISA related. Solomon has seen the content of the emails, enough to summarize and report that they are discussing “approval for another FISA” for “another Russia-related investigation”. Solomon defines Dragon as separate from the four known targets investigated under the enterprise investigation code named Crossfire Hurricane.
It should be stressed that although the Dragon investigation is described as “another” Russia-related investigation, that does not logically preclude this second FISA request from being still directly “related” to Crossfire Hurricane. In fact, it would be hard to imagine how a “Russia-related” investigation in the month preceding the 2016 election was not related to Crossfire. It would also be hard to imagine how reporters and Oversight Committee members who have read the contents would be reporting and questioning on the document out of proper context some 2 years later.
According to the OIG Horowit Report, around the same time of Steele’s interview, in early October of 2016, the FBI opened up a counterintelligence investigation on Sergei Millian. h164
Additionally, the FBI also investigated whether there were cyber links between the Trump Organization and Alfa Bank, and had concluded by early February 2017 that there were no such links. h119
But what investigative steps were taken between the initiation of allegations and their resolution in February? And was the investigation into Millian the same investigation into Alfa Bank? And was the Dragon FISA that was being discussed in the same time-frame, a part of the investigation into Sergei Millian or Alfa Bank, or neither, or both?
By the time of the early October interview with Steele, the FBI was in possession of information that made Sergei Millian a FISA target that was arguably three times stronger than that of Carter Page.
- Millian was concurrently being alleged by both Steele and Simpson as an Alfa bank connection working in tandem with Michael Cohen as “replacements” for recently fired Carter Page and Paul Manafort. h282 The need to investigate Sergei was more immediate and had allegedly superseded Page.
- Millian was known by the FBI to be in “sustained contact” with George Papadopulos, the Crossfire Hurricane’s investigative “Predicate”, since August 2016. h132 In fact, in those same contacts, Sergei was making financial overtures much more direct and documented than anything Carter was “known” to have received. m95
- Millian as the purported Source D/E of Steele Dossier was responsible for “the most descriptive information in the FISA application of alleged coordination between Page and Russia” h163 spanning 4 separate memos over the course of 3 months. h243
For reasons 1 & 2, FBI already had arguably more reason to FISA Sergei Millian than Carter Page, and the corroboration of the Dossier is just extra incentive.
Are there additional reasons to suspect that a reputed “Dragon FISA” may be directly related to Sergei Millian?
A DRAGON IS BORN
In Chinese culture, choosing an auspicious name for a new member of the family is an ancient art. The name not only determines one’s fate and future, but also affects the happiness of the entire family and surrounding community. A name is chosen to harmonize various factors such as metaphorical meaning of the name, visual aesthetic of the characters, combined with consideration of time and place of birth and other esoteric elements of Chinese culture like principles of yin-yang.
Due to these delicacies, westerners seeking to translate their given names into Chinese often seek the advice of a native Chinese speaker to guide them through this process.
In mid 2014 Sergei Millian sought out the wisdom of master calligrapher Johnny Lu, a world renowned artist who has done work for President Barack Obama, the United Nations, and other charitable causes.
According to legend, the sinology professor meditated on the issue for a month, and then produced Sergei’s Chinese name by hand:
赛 天 龙 = Sài Tiàn Long
Sergei has been using this name for official business in China ever since. Several examples can be found in print and digital media.
An Auspicious Fate
Chinese names are structured differently from names in English. Family name comes first, and are only one syllable long. Given names – what we usually call first names – are either one or two characters long.
“xìng” (surname) + “míng” (given name) = “xìngmíng” (full name)
Sergei’s surname Millian is translated to Sài (赛), which means: competition; match; game; or contest. The character is suggestive of a competitive and successful nature in business and life. It is also suggestive of a spirit of gamesmanship and ability to rise to the challenge, or contest.
Tiān (天) is one of the oldest Chinese terms for heaven and a key concept in Chinese mythology, philosophy, and religion. The etymology is linked to the Mongolian word tengri meaning “sky, heaven, heavenly deity”. The modern Chinese character (天) combine dà (大) “great; large” and yī (一) “one, “
Long (龙), the Dragon, traditionally symbolizes potent and auspicious powers, strength, and good luck for people who are worthy of it in East Asian culture. During the days of Imperial China, the Emperor of China usually used the dragon as a symbol of his imperial strength and power. In Chinese culture, excellent and outstanding people are compared to a dragon, while incapable people with no achievements are compared to other, disesteemed creatures, such as a worm.
In the vision painted by Mater Johnny Lu, we see HEAVEN/GOD juxtaposed above or atop a flowing DRAGON, and coming before a large COMPETITION/MATCH…
And Sergei’s official Chinese name, given in 2014, is the literal Google-translation of the CODE NAME discussed in the October 18, 2016 email by Crossfire FBI team members Lisa Page and Peter Srzok:
Dance of the Vanishing Dragon
Mueller did not address the Alfa bank cyber-traffic whatsoever in his report, leaving some Democrats wondering about lingering conspiracies: “Even in the wake of the Mueller report, we don’t know the meaning of the 2016 communications between Alfa Bank and Trump Organization servers, nor do we even know whether the FBI has fully investigated those links,” opined Democratic Senator Sheldon Whitehouse, shortly after the report’s release.*
In reality, the FBI had already investigated whether there were cyber links between the Trump Organization and Alfa Bank, and had concluded by early February 2017 that there were no such links. h119
Similarly the Mueller report alleged the Special Counsel’s Office was “not fully able to explore the contact” between Millian and Papadopoluos because Millian “remained out of the country since the inception of our investigation and declined to meet with members of the Office.”
In reality, Millian had been “explored” by the FBI’s Crossfire team since at least “early October” of 2016. h164 Any travel by Millian outside of the United States was achieved with the full blessing of the Crossfire team who’s investigation was absorbed by the Special Counsel’s Office.
Unfortunately, Horowitz treats Millian, the 5th investigated target, differently from the 4 targets in the “other” Russia-related investigation, Crossfire. We have the most obfuscation surrounding Sergie while he is the MOST bonafide target (above & beyond Carter)
- No name, even tho 5th
- no name trace (critical see Carter)/prior relationship
- no info about investigative techniques
- No comment re fisa like other 4
- No comment what for
An approved FISA on Millian means the FBI would have real-time capability to confirm the PSS story nearly as he told it. Moreover, FBI would have been able to begin repudiating Steele’s version of events and/or Dossier claims immediately upon approval of Dragon FISA
2) did FBI keep Dragon FISA compartmented from Crossfire FISA, or intermingled?
3) HOW is Dragon FISA NOT GERMANE TO bipartisan request? Does Nunes NOT KNOW? Dossier lists both sources D/E as “close associates of Trump”. If FBI is “assesing” Person-1 based on Steele’s representations and those within his Dossier, then he is being described repeatedly as aclose assoaciate. He also, aside from fact, is associate in news reports. Further he is associated by attendence at innaguration (confirm)